Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nutty Salmon

I made some salmon on a wood plank. This is nothing new, but, in the past, all I ever saw was cedar planks. Then Kroger started carrying planks of other kinds of wood, including pecan. What better method of cooking pecan encrusted salmon?

The package explains how to soak and prepare the wood, so I'll skip that. I saw various recipes for pecan encrusted fish, many of which had some kind of sweet stuff or sauce added. I wanted to keep it simple.

I got a nice, thick piece of salmon fillet from Fresh Market (worth the extra cost compared to Krogr fish). I rubbed a little olive oil on it, then som salt and pepper and some minced garlic. I covered the top entirely in crushed pecans and put it on the prepared plank on the grill.

The pecans came out toasty and tasty. The salmon was moist and perfect. I also grilled some corn on the cob and vegetables. It was a great dinner.

1 comment:

Kelly Collette said...

I just got some salmon, can't wait to cook it!