Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where the Figs Went

I wanted to make some kind of interesting pizza on the grill outside but I didn't have any pizza dough or the desire to make any and it was cold and rainy.

What I did have was some brie, some gouda cheese and some of this flatbread. I cut 4 triangles from each of the cheeses - each triangle the sixe of 1/8 of the bread - and alternated the cheese slices around the bread.

I cut 8 thin slices of granny smith apple and arranged them on top of the cheese. Then I cut a few thin slices of fig (from my bacon-wrapped-dried-fruit experiment) and laid them between the apple slices.

I put my cast iron grill pan on the stove, on high heat, and put my "pizza" on it. That got the bottom crispy, but the cheese wasn't melted enough so I put the pizza in the oven under the broiler (toaster oven works great).

The reauslt was perfect. I think I might go make another now.

No comments: